Monday, March 9, 2009

Conversations with the kids


Chloe admiring the hippos Clancy with a gargantuan Orangutan

So the kids have been buzzing with life lately. Clancy can't stop talking about our trip to Utah, nursery, storytime, chinese, and the zoo. During breaks in the conversation during dinner, he often says, "Let's talk about...giraffes...they have long necks..." We've started trying to teach him animal names and transportation vehicles in Chinese, so he now asks what almost everything is in Chinese. Sometimes he will mutter some incomprehensible gibberish and then explain that it is Chinese. No wonder I didn't understand!


Chloe is starting to try conversation too. Usually her conversations include bubbles and drool along with smiles, laughs, and sounds something like "a-goo". Almost everytime I ask her "what do you want to say, Chloe?" she takes the cue and starts blabbering.


9 comments:

  1. Now, that is the way to start a day, watching those two. How fun they are! I think chloe was busy looking for Da-da when you asked her what she wanted to say about him. Good anatomy lesson Clancy. Now he knows about auditing, texting, calculating and anatomy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute, smart kids. I loved the anatomy quiz and the bubbles and smiles. We want to hear Clancy speaking "Chinese" sometime. I'm sure it's much closer than we could come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I think Chloe might be speaking Chinese too! What a smart girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's a big talker! Clancy is lucky to have smart parents that teach him the important stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura, Clancy and Chloe are adorable! I enjoyed hearing the baby babbling...so sweet. Every little stage is so fun. Hope you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clancy is such a cute kid. I love that he knows where his organs are. That's adorable. And Kaulana told Paxton that Chloe is a hott girl that he should meet someday. : ) We're going to Hong Kong in a couple days. We're excited for everyone out there to meet Paxton. And hopefully Paxton will learn some Chinese too when he gets older like Clancy. Kaulana tries to speak to him in Cantonese occasionally. So fun. Cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one amazing anatomy lesson. Clancy is such a great kid. We are excited to see Chloe this weekend and see all the things she is doing these days. I can't believe her hair is actually sticking down in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gratefully, Clancy understands "intestines," not testes. :) Dallin told me that I put the cat on his "tentacles" the other day, I informed him that he wasn't an octopus and he needed to chill.

    ReplyDelete