Monday, February 16, 2009

Come on over...


So today I saw something I've never seen before--Woody the Woodpecker in the flesh...and feathers. Actually there were 3 woodpeckers pecking away at the tree right by our balcony. This tree never ceases to provide entertainment for Clancy and I. Quick, pull on your birding suit and come on over, but leave your binoculars at home.


4 comments:

  1. How spectacular! Is that a picture you took of the woodpecker? Wish we were close enough to come over. :)

    You're welcome to visit my family blog at: The Macbeths

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the trees in WA. We have been missing ours. They are all gone now, and the little squirrels, birds, and occasional rabbit have gone with them. So sad! We will have to come and enjoy your trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty bird. I enjoy watching birds. We have some woodpeckers that try to peck holes in our siding. It makes Brian so mad! I am so glad we got to spend some time together while you and your sweet kids were here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What exactly is a birding suit? I'm very curious. Birds are awesome. They're so funny looking. Yesterday we were waiting in a parking lot in Salt Lake and were surrounded by seagulls. Those birds must be confused. There is no sea and it's WINTER! What happened to flying south?

    ReplyDelete