Friday, August 29, 2008

Surprise!..well, maybe not


Well, I suppose you probably guessed that we are awaiting the arrival of baby #2 in November from the baby floating in the digital womb (look to the left), but just in case...surprise! Now for all the answers you are looking for...we don't know if it is a boy or a girl since the baby was crossing his/her legs during the ultrasound. We aren't sure if we will have an opportunity to find out our baby's gender before birth and we're not sure if we will find out even if we get a chance (a surprise could be fun, right?).

So far the baby is an active one, and Clancy really seems to like him or her. Clancy is constantly coming and laying his head on my tummy so he can hear the baby, pointing to my belly button and saying "baby", and waving to the baby with his hand about an inch from my stomach. It is pretty funny. I hope he will learn to be gentle before this baby is born--that is something that we are working on.

Lately I have been having pre-term contractions, not painful but pretty consistent. My doctor prescribed some medication and bed-rest and with a combo of the meds and bed-rest (once in a while) I am able to keep the contractions to a minimum (You may have noticed the wheelchair in the picture). I've also just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, so I guess I won't be needing any chocolate anytime soon.

That is my update, I hope I covered all the important baby-related info, if not let me know and I will try my best to answer!


5 comments:

  1. Maybe you are just not supposed to know your babies genders. Any of them! I just think they all have good senses of humors. I am sorry that you are on bed rest again. I wish I could be there to help! I can't wait to meet that new little Wan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really fun to find out the baby's gender at birth! I loved the surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Wans! I found your blog while looking at Chris and Katrina's. How are you guys doing? I see that baby #2 is on the way, and that is WAY exciting. Congratulations! You can see our blog too if you'd like. It's < shumfamilylife.blogpsot.com > Clancy's a cutie. Kaulana's been wanting to call Andrew for some time now. I'll have to tell him I found you! : )

    Nicole Shum

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, congrats on having another. Clancy will be a great sibling- I really think it is amazing how these little ones step up to the challenge. Second, I am sorry you are having complications. I wish we were closer so I could help out- you are very brave. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura-Sorry to hear you're on bed rest. That's got to be hard with having Clancy running around. I hope you're able to rest and take care of yourself this next little while before baby #2.

    ReplyDelete