Friday, January 9, 2009

A Seattle Must-See..

So we rang in the new year with the sea stars at the Seattle Aquarium. It was a full day of everything from anemones to northern fur seals, to sea urchins. One of the highlights was the octopus pair, which will finally meet and fall in love on February 14th (at least that is what the aquarium staff are planning). Even little Chloe woke up to take a peek at the creatures from the deep.


We also found a new way to motivate Clancy to exercise (as if he needs more motivation). He chased that silly slugfish (I don't really know what the fish is called, but it looks like a slug) around the tank for about 10 minutes, pointing to the tank and saying "right here, right here" as he pointed to the fish.


The entrance fee is a little steep, but it makes a full day of fun...is it weird that I left craving seafood?

6 comments:

  1. Those are great pictures. The one with Chloe reflected in the aquarium is really interesting. It made you hungry for seafood huh...that is part of the experince. They should have a basin of salt water and then a box of sand to walk through for the whole experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh. Clancy is quite a critter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, they had lots of salt water--there is a huge room with "tide pools" that you can stick your hands in to feel sea stars, anemones, and all sorts of little creatures. As for the sand, they'll have to add that next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool. I have been wanting to go there. Clancy makes it look so entertaining. What a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Seattle Aquarium! I think the video of Clancy chasing the yellow fish is so funny. What a fun place to visit.

    ReplyDelete