Well, as you can see from the pictures, Clancy recently acquired a new toddler bed. He loves to sit on it and read books, but he has a bit harder time falling asleep in it. The sleeping picture was taken after we brought him home from church and laid him in the bed already dreaming. He did sleep there for about 1.5 hours, so I guess that counts as his first nap in his "big boy" bed. Last night we read books and sang songs to him while he laid in the bed. We planned to transfer him to his crib before he fell asleep, but it didn't quite work out that way (which pleasantly surprised us all). At about 12:30am he rolled out of the bed and gave a little cry, so I picked him up (still asleep) and put him in his crib for the rest of the night. Maybe this won't be such a hard transition after all (fingers crossed).
As a side note, Clancy still has not revealed if his little sibling is a brother or a sister. I've asked him many times, but he doesn't seem to want to tell me. A few times he just covered his mouth with his hand (his surprised look). The ultrasound tech couldn't tell either, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. A friend told Andrew she is bringing by a book of 10,000 baby names, and I guess we're going to need it because we only have a few weak contenders for boy names.
Hooray for a big boy! He looks like he's pretty goofy and sweet. We're so excited to see y'all soon.
ReplyDeleteYay for the big boy bed! Maya was so ready for hers when she was 18 months old. She HATED her crib. I hope the transition is easy for you!
ReplyDeleteWow, you're brave...Coleson is still in his crib until he learns to climb out! I don't want him to be able to get out until I get him out though!
ReplyDelete