Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Free Music!


Download. When I Take Your Hand

You're probably all wondering who this angry-looking guy is. Well, his name is Shaun Barrowes (he isn't angry in person), and you may or may not have seen him on American Idol last season. He made it to the final 48, at which point he was cut (probably because he isn't a rocker). Andrew and I met him at BYU when Andrew was the BYU Graduate Student Association VP of Activities. Shaun was on the BYU-approved artist list, which Andrew scoured for someone that would provide fun and FREE entertainment. Luckily, Shaun agreed and Andrew and the rest of the graduate students really enjoyed the music. Shaun's style is jazz, which is Andrew's favorite, but he makes it even more interesting by jazzing up songs that weren't previously jazz (for example, "Yesterday" by the Beatles). He also writes and performs his own music (singing and playing the piano simultaneously). He is pretty fun to watch in person because he is high-energy.

I guess he has just finished an original composition for a video game and is working with other famous artists on some things. He gave us a link to one of his original songs "When I Take Your Hand" which is sometimes called "The Wedding Song". If you'd like to hear it, click on "Download. When I Take Your Hand" link below the picture and check it out. If you like what you hear, just google his name and it will lead you to all sorts of different websites where you can hear more of his music.

No comments:

Post a Comment